Saturday, January 24, 2009

I survived day 1

Well, a typical Saturday morning in my house consist of the little sounds of Austin through the monitor waking his brother and sister, down the stairs they fly to watch cartoons. I usually attempt at sleeping a little later than they do, but that's just NOT possible.




Normally, I would awaken and begin breakfast, bacon eggs and biscuits.....and if I'm in a descent mood,gravy...yum. Today however was a little different. I made the boys Leggo cereal...which unfortunately is one of MY favorites! Then I made Ben waffles (his favorite).My breakfast was a breakfast bar...chocolate chip. That's all, just a bar. It actually wasn't too bad. I did worry that it would taste like one of those grainy textured power bars...but it wasn't bad, after all it did have chocolate chips in it!



I did some housework and before I knew it (just as my tummy was growling) It was lunch time. Lunch was def different. First I enjoyed a big bowl of iceberg lettuce, baby carrots and fat free ranch...not too shabby:)



I topped that off with a cup of fettuccine alfredo. Now the flavor there was def a little bland, not exactly "saucy" but a little pepper, and it was ok. It would have been nice for my serving of fat free cheese but the cheese sticks run out fast in this house! Maybe next time!


After watching my child sit in front of tv most of the day....which I despise...i get the crazy hair to take my kids to Chuck e cheese......I know. What was I thinking!? The smell of that greasy cheesy heaven....oh it smelled so good. I did very well though, I made me a salad with carrots (again) and fat free catalina dressing with some broccoli, it was really good. I did take a pinch of Jordan's crust....just a small one. then when we got home I got to enjoy MY pizza....sourdough cheese pizza....a very small portion. After seeing and smelling pizza I think at this point any pizza would have been satisfying and it really was, just wish I could have had more. My sister n law saw my food and said well yeah you will lose weight your starving yourself!



Finally, the best portion of the day.....dessert! Chocolate chip pudding..........yummy. Now this isn't your typical chocolate pudding but after today it was definitely a welcome treat. Just imagine taking one of those hunts pudding cups,adding a cup of water and throw in a few pieces of bakers chocolate....there you have it. By this time it was the best choc pudding I ever had! Even if it was somewhat watery, and yes I did lick the bowl!

No comments: