I just want to say how disgusted I am with society. It amazes me how people can live their lives in daily sin, and even worse, expose their children to that sin. So many parents today think so little about what their children are listening to and watching on television. Now I know that not everyone has the same thought on the matter, I know someone who doesn't allow their child to watch dragon tales! When you watch a kids choice awards on nickalodean and all the kids scream and know who .50 cent is then I would say that pretty much sums up how awful this world really is. Now I am just learning who this man is myself. I finally looked up some of his lyrics on the net and was disgusted! Parents who think this is just a song, or its no big deal are just morally blind! This is a big deal, and what you listen to does have an impact on the kind of person you can become.
I am very worried about the kind of friends my children will have growing up, every person they spend time with can influence their lives. Its a responsibility for us as parents, aunts, uncles, cousins to set good examples for our children. They watch and mimic everything we do and say. I try not to be too over bearing, but you know what you need to sensor. I mean come on, when someone is playing music that talks about drugs and sex...........in detail ......and their kids are listening to this?????????? Did they fall on their heads as a children, or are they so selfish and so willing to let their children be morally corrupted for their own pleasure? I don't know about you, but as a mother and a Christian the most important thing I want for my child, before education, before good health, before wealth ,before anything, is to know my child will not spend eternity in hell. The time we spend here is nothing compared to eternity, and you never know when its coming.
I am a sinner just like everyone else. I try to live my life as a child of God should. Now that I am a parent I know even more how important is to live right by God. Im not just saying these things because of our children either, I know that if I live a certain lifestyle, I too will fall. If you lay out thousands of dollars of shiny new coins for a small child and then show them a million dollars, they would probably choose the change. I feel like that's what so many people are doing with their lives today and the lives of their children. Lots of people say, well he's a Christian he lives his life according to the bible and look at his life, no money, poor health, always trouble in their lives. Well, I'll tell you why. It's the Christian man the devil is after. Im sure If I just forgot about all the things my parents and my church tought me, my life might be a bit simpler. It's very hard to try and keep from sin, sin is fun.....................sometimes. It would be much easier for me to just do what everyone else is doing, but I know better. If you have all the things you desire in life but don't have God, then remember this, IT WONT LAST because one day my God will return and it will be gone, as for me, and hopefully all my family and loved ones.....................we will be in our mansion, which sits on a street of gold with our father for ETERNITY never to be taken away.
I don't know their music, but I recently read an article on a former band member of the group korn. He talked of his life as a famous musician, how he had the money, the fame ,the women, everything he thought he always wanted. He was hooked on meth and said everynight he just hoped to die. He was witnessed to in the middle of the night over a phone call from someone he knew, he left the band and is now a Christian, he says he is happier than he has ever been, he was baptized in the Jordan river, and wanted to walk the roads Jesus walked. Now none of the other band members will speak to him or return his calls, what friends. I feel very friendless and lonely a lot of times, but changing my life and my beliefs, and jeopardizing my family just isn't a trade off for any "friend", I just know what is truly important in life, and no its not just having a good time. There is a right way and a wrong way to have fun.
So if you truly love your children and you do claim to be a Christian pick up your bible, The Living Bible is great and so easy to read, and prepare them for the really important things in life. Don't just claim you know. Don't let society raise your children, too many things are accepted and looked upon as normal. Yes times have changed, people do accept more things today, sexual immorality, homosexuality, abortion, adultry. murder even, but God is the same yesterday today and forever. These things are still sins and they will still send you to hell.
I thank God for my parents, I lived my short time of rebellion, but without that moral foundation my parents set out for me I would have had nothing to bring me back, any time I was involved with anything, it was there, in my mind, in my heart. To this day they watch what I do and will tell me to straighten up If I need it! Now you can argue with that all you want, but you never stop being a parent, I don't care if they are four or forty, you still love your children.
So now I will say thank you mom and dad, thank you aunts and uncles, grandparents...................Because of you and your examples and words of wisdom you have helped give me the greatest gift a parent or anyone else could possibly give to their loved one ..............EVERLASTING LIFE.
Love to all my family & friends,
Sarah
Sunday, May 01, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi, Sarah!
It's your aunt, and I am so proud of you for sticking up for your morals. I am also very disheartened for Molly who seems to be living in a dream world.
As you know, I have worked with at-risk youth for years and I can tell you for a fact that children are most definitely affected by what's on television and the music to which they listen. Parents who allow their children to watch and listen to the media unsupervised are asking for trouble.
This is the reason I have tried so hard to get my production company up and running and to produce wholesome entertainment for the whole family.
You just keep mouthing off, sweetie. That's what God put you here to do. You have to be the lone voice crying in the wilderness, and if your friends don't like...well, then you finally know who your real friends are, don't you?
I'm sorry your friend Molly doesn't understand what you are actually saying. You will find that a great many people don't understand, but, kiddo, that's why you're here: to make people understand.
You just write what God gives you and don't worry about who likes it and who doesn't. Many people didn't like what Christ had to say, but that didn't make it any less true, now did it? ;)
Love ya loads, Becca Boo. Hang in there.
Yes, you were reading right! that is all I wanted to do. I wanted to try and let people realize the things that are being said. Their are many songs I have liked in the past but never realized what they meant. Im the last person to judge anyone, I sin daily. If you dont try to surround yourself and children with good things, then eventully it can destroy you.I guess some people only read what they want, and only understand parts of it. I agree with you on not doing what you dont want your kids to do 100% I srew up all the time, and when my own daughter corrects me or my husband on what we say or do, then I guess Im doing something right. I just want lots of good influence for my kids, and myself, everywhere they can get it, because the world doesnt have much to offer
Post a Comment